Principle of Orbiting Satellite:
1. A satellite is a natural or artificial body orbiting around another body of larger mass and larger radius.
2. Moon is a natural satellite of earth.
3. When a sufficient horizontal speed is imparted to a body it revolves round the earth. This is the principle of launching an artificial satellite.
Uses of Artificial Satellites:
1. Artificial satellites help to develop reliable communication links over the entire globe.
2. They are used to the 'Weather Prediction'.
3. Satellites and space stations are used for the study of astronomy.
4. The artificial satellites are used for remote sensing.
5. Telephones, Fax, Internet are some examples for global communications.
6. Artificial satellites are also used for spying in the defense service.